Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fabric Flower

I took a quick break from sewing for the nursery to do a 15 minute project. We were having a luau at school, but thanks to the large tummy I've got going on I can't fit into my Hawaiian skirt or shirt. In fact, I haven't fit into the shirt for 6 years,  but I've held onto it because I bought it on vacation there and couldn't part with it. So I decided to cut it up and make a fabric flower to wear. It was perfect, because it matches the red earrings that my parents got me from their trip to Hawaii. The flower was a piece of cake, I followed the tutorial here. The tutorial says to use ribbon, and I can see how that would work better. This fabric was stiff enough that it worked, but regular cotton wouldn't have worked as well.

I attached it to some shell necklaces I had, and I loved how it turned out! Ignore the cheesy look on my face... this is what happens when I ask my husband to take a picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment