Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bookshelf Wall Hanging

I saw this idea on Pinterest quite a while ago, and the project really appealed to me. Combining two of my favorite hobbies - reading and sewing. Count me in! Then, I decided to take it up a nerdy notch and decided to find fabrics that in some way represent my favorite books. So, I spent way too much time in fabric stores and online looking for the perfect fabrics for my books. This was really hard. We have had a ton of snow days in January, so I decided it was time to get it done. The strips for the books had been cut months ago.

I'm really proud of this project for a few reasons:
1. It's something I made just for me, and I really enjoyed every step. Especially choosing the fabrics.
2. It's the most technical project I've ever done, and I think it came out pretty darn good. All those straight lines killed me. Perfect? Not even close. But I'm proud.
3. I took some "me time" to get it done. I didn't worry about cleaning and stuff for a few days, but it was worth it to get my creativity fix.

Can you guess the books? I'll put a picture of the real books at the end of the post. I found the tutorial for the project HERE. I didn't want to do my quilting this way, so I looked on Pinterest again and found an idea HERE.

First attempt at adding the shelf - too thin and crooked.
Found a quicker way to do the quilting via pinterest!
Finished project - It looks more crooked than it really is, I swear!
Finished back - I put a wooden dowel in the pockets to hang it.
The books - in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment